nVMX: APICv seems to cause breakages
Jan Kiszka
2014-10-20 13:11:32 UTC
Hi all,

we just started a test with Jailhouse in a VM on a decently recent Intel
box. It has APICv / posted interrupts support. And it breaks Jailhouse
activation (L1 breakage, host seems to be fine). Loading kvm-intel with
enable_apicv=0 resolves the issue. Henning started to debug from
Jailhouse POV and found out it may be NMI IPI related. We will try to
dig deeper, but any support is welcome regarding the APICv specialties.

Could this also explain some of the incompatibilities you found, Yang?
Maybe you want to check if more hypervisor work when APICv is off.

Jan
--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RTC ITP SES-DE
Zhang, Yang Z
2014-10-21 01:00:01 UTC
Wanpeng Li
2014-10-21 12:30:17 UTC
Post by Jan Kiszka
activation (L1 breakage, host seems to be fine). Loading kvm-intel wi=
th
enable_apicv=3D0 resolves the issue. Henning started to debug from
?
Post by Jan Kiszka
Maybe you want to check if more hypervisor work when APICv is off.
I will check it tomorrow. ;-)

Regards,
Wanpeng Li
Post by Jan Kiszka